|Photograph by Britta Lokting.|
1/4 cup olive oils
3 1/2 cup button mushroom, halved
7 tbsp white wine
1 bay leaf
3 thyme sprigs
1/2 tsp sugar
2/3 heavy cream
Grated zest of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tbsp chopped parsley
3 tbsp panko
1 bunch broccolini, leaves removed and cut into 2 1/2 inch-long pieces.
9 oz. dried papardelle
- Bring a small and large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan and sautee the mushrooms until they start to color.
- Add the wine, bay leaf, thyme, and sugar.
- Boil and reduce by 2/3 liquids.
- Add the cream and stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix together the lemon zest, garlic, and parsley in a bowl.
- In a pan, toast the panko until golden.
- Blanch the brocollini in a small pot of water for 2 minutes and drain.
- Add the pasta to the large pot of boilding water.
- When the pasta is just ready, add the broccolini to the cream sauce and reheat.
- Reserve some of the cooking liquid from the papardelle.
- Add the paperdelle to the cream sauce, and half the parsley mix.
- Add the cooking liquid if the sauce seems dry.
- Stir the rest of the parsley mix into the panko and sprinkle over the pasta.